This is a brief description of the service ...
|Are you caught by IR35?|
|What are the rules?|
|Improving life under IR35|
Sam Corcoran has worked with IT contractors and their companies through
the implementation of IR35. He has given presentations on the rules and
implications of the new legislation.
For contractors worried about IR35, a new employment status test
questionnaire is available at https://esi2calculator.hmrc.gov.uk/esi/app/index.html
- Are you caught?
- Here are five questions which may help you to decide
- Do you have a right to send in a substitute worker in your
- Is your work loosely controlled as opposed to a 'master -
- Do you share the risk and rewards of your work?
- Do you work away from your client's premises?
- Do you use your own equipment?
If you can answer yes to these questions then you
are unlikely to be caught by IR35.
If you can answer yes to only some of the questions
you may still not be caught.
end of the day you have to step back, look at the overall picture and
ask whether you are a 'quasi employee' of your client.
- If you would like specific guidance from an expert in the field then please call me
on 01270 753038.
- IR35 rules summary
- If you are caught by IR35 then you have to account for tax and
National Insurance on a high salary calculated as follows:
|Take the income of the company from the relevant
|deduct travel and subsistence payments (and some
|deduct any pension contributions made by the
|the balance must be paid out as National
Insurance and salary to the worker|
Please note that this is a rough summary of the rules and should
not used as a basis for accurate calculations.
Tips for improving life if you are caught by IR35